MegaFans of the Week
- Cyber Army Username:LuvanLoudLocation:Gothenburg, SwedenBirthdate:August 24thStatus:In a relationshipCurrent occupation:Roulette dealerTwitter:Instagram:
Julia Luvan IvarssonFemale of the WeekMonday, August 31, 2015
We asked Luvan...How long have you been a Megadeth fan?
- For many yearsWhat was the first Megadeth song you ever heard?
- My sister played me the Countdown To Extinction album sometime in the early nineties so it was quite possibly Skin O' My TeethWas there a certain song that made you a Megadeth fan?
- Tornado of souls completely blew me away the first time I heard it. Mind: blown.What are your three favorite Megadeth songs?
- This is such a tough choice, and it differs a bit from day to day, but A Tout Le Monde, Tornado Of Souls and Holy Wars never ever get old.What is your favorite Megadeth album?
- It's a tie between Youthanasia and Rust In PeaceHow many times have you seen Megadeth live?
- Five timesWhat is your favorite Megadeth lyric?
- "What do ya mean I'm not kind? Just not your kind"Who do you think Vic Rattlehead was when he was alive?
- An undertakerWhat's your favorite Megadeth album cover?
- Rust In Peace, it's such an iconic album coverWhat is your favorite piece of Megadeth merch?
- I have an old tour shirt from '94 that I turned into a dress. Sort of. Love it!
Luvan explains...How long you have been coming to the Megadeth forums?
- For about five yearsHave you met the band? If so, what did you say?
- I have, yes. Probably blurted out some starstruck nonsense..What's the furthest you've traveled to see Megadeth?
- To ye olde London town!If you had a chance to chat with any one of the band members, who would you talk to and what would you want to discuss?
- As a drummer I wouldn't mind nerding out with Chris AdlerDo you have a favorite Megadeth guitar solo?
- I LOVE the outro solo in Set The World AfireTo you, are Megadeth songs more feeling or more thinking?
- The perfect mix of bothHave you introduced anyone else to Megadeth?
- Of course!Which Megadeth song means the most to you and why?
- Crush 'em is one of my go-to power anthems when I need some extra strengthWhat do you like best about being in the Cyber Army?
- The camaraderie. I have met some really amazing people through the CA forumsWhen did you join the club and what is your Cyber Army member number?
- July 11th 2010, 8547What do you admire most in Dave Mustaine?
- His ability to create music that touches and inspire so many people worldwideWhat does being a true Megafan mean to you?
- Always keeping an open mind. Letting your favourite band try out new things and not expecting them to keep doing the same album over and over again.Have you got any interesting Megadeth stories for us?
- Well, David Ellefson was so inspiring during one of his bass workshops that as soon as I got back home I bought myself a bass and bass amp.. "oops"
NotablesIn a band:
Not currentlyName of band:
My previous band was called Thrill WarriorsGenre:
Heavy metalInstrument played:
drumsLuvan spends her free time:
Photographing. Mainly friends who'd rather not be photographed. No mercy!Where she would like to be right now:
in LAThe one thing she would change about the world:
Ascliché asit sounds I wouldn't mind world peace...Favorite place to vacation:
CaliforniaThree favorite websites:What makes her laugh:
Extremely dry British humourFirst concert ever seen:
I grew up on classical music and have been going to classical concerts for as long as I can remember. So it must have been a classical concert.Song stuck in her head right now:
'Ghost pilot' by RAMPet peeves/irritations:
People chewing with their mouths openBiggest fear:
Losing loved onesStrength/Weakness:
HalloweenFavorite cartoon character:
the Green LanternFavorite movie:
CoherenceLast TV show watched:
Doctor WhoFavorite color:
Emerald greenFavorite automobile:
Mustang '68Favorite food/meal:
dim sumFavorite beverage:
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."Her best advice to give:
Any day now.
- Cyber Army Username:BungholioLocation:Australia, New South Wales, LithgowBirthdate:6/7/74Status:MarriedCurrent occupation:Carpenter/Support WorkerInstagram:
Robert MurphyMale of the WeekMonday, August 31, 2015
We asked Robert...How long have you been a Megadeth fan?
Since the late 80sWhat was the first Megadeth song you ever heard?
Peace SellsWas there a certain song that made you a Megadeth fan?
Holy WarsWhat are your three favorite Megadeth songs?
All their songs are my favourite \m/What is your favorite Megadeth album?
Hard one to answer as I enjoy all of them at different moments, but "13" overallHow many times have you seen Megadeth live?
Never, but not missing this tour in Australia 2015What is your favorite Megadeth lyric?
What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"?
I talk to him everyday.
What do you mean, "I don't support your system"?
I go to court when I have to
What do you mean, "I can't get to work on time"?
I got nothing better to do.
And, what do you mean, "I don't pay my bills"?
Why do you think I'm broke? Huh?
If there's a new way,
I'll be the first in line.
But it better work this time.Who do you think Vic Rattlehead was when he was alive?
A hard working, law abiding, tax paying, church going, model citizen, patriot, family manWhat's your favorite Megadeth album cover?
"Risk" the cover says it all, the trap or the cat? What will you Risk?What is your favorite piece of Megadeth merch?
My Vic Rattlehead Ring
Robert explains...How long you have been coming to the Megadeth forums?
2+ yearsHave you met the band? If so, what did you say?
No unfortunatelyWhat's the furthest you've travelled to see Megadeth?
If I had the time and income to travel, I would follow their tour trailIf you had a chance to chat with any one of the band members, who would you talk to and what would you want to discuss?
I'd have a chat with Dave and discuss matters of the world, compare religious influences that we had to grow up with, and what it's really like to be a musicianDo you have a favorite Megadeth guitar solo?
Holy WarsTo you, are Megadeth songs more feeling or more thinking?
Bit of both, depends on the album and what you want to listen to in that momentHave you introduced anyone else to Megadeth?
Mates, sonsWhich Megadeth song means the most to you and why?
"13", best describes things for me, without coming from meWhat do you like best about being in the Cyber Army?
Contests, merchandise, VIP club info, artworkWhen did you join the club and what is your Cyber Army member number?
Member since April 2014, member number 18311What do you admire most in Dave Mustaine?
Great musician, definitely the best guitarist. For the genre of music he plays, his style/look doesn't look all overdone like other metal musicians, he follows his music style, not what the media/trend wants, and a family man and that he doesn't hide that from the media.What does being a true Megafan mean to you?
The fact that whatever the next album is like, just like all the previous albums, they "Megadeth" will never disappoint with what they deliver us in style of music. I got pissed off when so many metal fans whined about the fact that "The album is not what I want from them", when they released "Super Collider", they get stuck with the one album they like so overall they are not true fans.Have you got any interesting Megadeth stories for us?
Yeah hah, I was doing some building work on the boss's house one time, I felt like listening to some tunes while building, so I asked the boss if he had a spare radio/CD player, so he had lent me his 5 year old daughters player, so I enjoyed "Countdown To Extinction" album while I worked. A week later he comes to me and asks if this "Megadeth" CD was mine, I said "Yes" it was, he explained to me he was hearing some fast loud music coming from his daughters room upstairs. He went to inspect and she was jumping around on the bed, all over the room, loudly singing, hair all messed up, to the tunes of "Countdown To Extinction" cranked up loud.... What a little legend I said.
NotablesIn a band:
NoRobert spends his free time:
With my family, like doing art, enjoy seeing live music, dogs are the best, and I home-brew.Where he would like to be right now:
On a holiday, fishing, sightseeing...I guess anything other than workThe one thing he would change about the world:
Hypocritical political/religious agenda and all of man's greed and the warsFavorite place to vacation:
Anywhere that is naturally beautifulThree favorite websites:What makes him laugh:
Reminiscing on old stupid things we did in our youth, funny animals videos, worlds craziest fools show by Mr TFirst concert ever seen:
TumbleweedSong stuck in his head right now:
High Speed DirtPet peeves/irritations:
Selfish attitudes, animal abusers, system user/abusersBiggest fear:
My strength is problem solving with logic. Weakness is being critical to myself when I failFavorite holiday:
Visiting family and sightseeing in QueenslandFavorite cartoon character:
Ren & Stimpy or Jake n FinnFavorite movie:
Older: The Godfather movies. Newer: Latest Transformer moviesLast TV show watched:
The OriginalsFavorite color:
Black of course, seriously all coloursFavorite automobile:
Nissan SkylineFavorite food/meal:
Anything savouryFavorite beverage:
Water, beerFavorite saying/line:
"Sweet" or "All good"His best advice to give:
Learn and educate yourself in all things, don't be naive, become wiser. Follow your own decisions and choices, if they work out then it's a bonus, if they fail try a new choice or way, don't let others manipulate your own mind from your own right choices.